Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All Aboard!

I feel like I do a pretty good job most of the time hiding the fact that I am from a small town.... that is until I post something like this.  Let's face it, I know country music singers/famous people are just ordinary ol' people like you and me, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to get a sneak peek into their lives every once in a while.  So for all of my friends back at home, this post is for you!  I like to call it Grayline Tours with Brooklyn:).  Enjoy the free ride and please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of these!

This first picture is of Mr. Nashville (aka Vince Gill) and Amy Grant's house.  He lives in an area of Nashville known as Belle Meade.  


This next picture is of Michael W. Smith's house.  He lives in small neighborhood on the outskirts of Franklin, Tennessee.


This house may be a little outdated, but it fits this man's personality to a tee.  Can you guess whose it is?  I'll give you a hint... those gold lions are almost as gaudy as this little man's outfits.  If you guessed Little Jimmy Dickens, you are right.  He is a must-see if you ever go to the Grand Ole Opry!


These wreaths belong to none other than the one and only Dolly Parton!!!  I have a feeling she doesn't stay at this house much since she is originally from East Tennessee, but it looks pretty cute and simple believe it or not.


Although this picture doesn't capture much, this is Martina McBride's house.  She lives in the heart of Nashville on a pretty busy street that runs alongside the interstate.


This 19,000 square foot home (also known as Sweetbriar) was built and formerly owned by Alan Jackson. He recently sold it for a small amount ::ahem:: $28 million.


This is another view of Alan Jackson's property.  I am not sure if this was his guest house or garage for his car collection.  I love the slave stone walls around this property... these are fairly common throughout Nashville and Franklin.  I assume it is representative of the Battle of Franklin that was fought here during the Civil War.  Any history buffs out there?


My shoulders or head must be crooked because I don't think I took a single straight picture in this bunch. Ha!  

Are you creeped out yet?!  Don't worry, although I like to look from afar I have only approached one celebrity the entire time I have lived in Nashville (and I've spotted quite a few).  I'm sure you would do the same thing if you lived here too... at least that's what I like to tell myself:).

Tips Appreciated,
Bk

p.s. Sorry, Nashville friends, I will try to redeem myself somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment